Emergency Preparedness Containers
As a school, business, municipality or other organization on the west coast of British Columbia, earthquake preparedness is an important aspect of emergency planning. A storage container is a secure place to keep all of your emergency equipment stored together in case of a natural disaster such as earthquake, tsunami, fire or flood.
Your emergency preparedness container can be customized to suit your individual needs and to store whatever supplies you deem necessary. Any of our containers can be used for an emergency preparedness container, from a small 6’ unit to the largest 40’ unit, depending on your requirements. Available modifications include, but are not limited to;
- Custom paint to match existing structures
- Vents or exhaust fan to draw air in and/or out
- White boards and/or cork boards on interior walls
- Plywood lining on walls for tacking up maps, emergency contact lists, etc…
- Insulation on ceiling and/or walls
- Man door
- Electrical panel
- Custom flooring
- High security lock box and lock
- Exterior hooks for hanging a tarp
For a list of recommended supplies to have on hand in your emergency preparedness kit, click here to download an Emergency Supplies Checklist from the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Provincial Emergency Program.